Over the last decade or so, major corporations are starting to function and behave more and more like religious cults in the way they treat their employees, demanding extravagant displays of devotion and ever more subsuming commitment. Yet at the same time, the American worker has not been more disempowered since the second world war. This week, in the light of the Walmart strikes I have been writing about the phenomenon for the Huff Po. I would love it if you would click on the link, have a look and ideally leave me a comment over there on the site, Facebook like it or tweet it. Thank you so much!
Journalist and documentary maker writes about the news, popular culture and feminism on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Pennsylvania Teen Convicted Of A Crime For Recording Bullies At School thkpr.gs/1n9Asxv via @thinkprogress 4 days ago
- @Planet_Ivy Hi. great site. how much do you pay for features? thanks. 1 week ago
- 'How my husband and I finally achieved equality at home' | Brigid Schulte theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2… 1 week ago
- It’s Not Just Bossy- Some Other Supposedly Gender Neutral Words That Are Only Ever Used To Describe Women
- Guilt: Interview on WNPR, Colin McEnroe Show
- My interview with Canadian Radio CBC, the anxiety show
- Guilt Trip
- How Corporate America is Turning into a Cult and Why It’s Harming the American Employee
- ‘Having it All’ isn’t a Woman’s Issue
- Ann Romney: The Real Republican Threat to Women
- Want Your Kids To Grow Up Thinking Men Are More Important Than Women? Read Them Children’s Books.
- America the Anxious
- Page 3- is it sexist? Check out the debate.