Over the last decade or so, major corporations are starting to function and behave more and more like religious cults in the way they treat their employees, demanding extravagant displays of devotion and ever more subsuming commitment. Yet at the same time, the American worker has not been more disempowered since the second world war. This week, in the light of the Walmart strikes I have been writing about the phenomenon for the Huff Po. I would love it if you would click on the link, have a look and ideally leave me a comment over there on the site, Facebook like it or tweet it. Thank you so much!
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Journalist and documentary maker writes about the news, popular culture and feminism on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Facebook's violently sexist pages are an opportunity for feminists | Emer O'Toole gu.com/p/3g3t5/tw via @guardian 1 day ago
- @mjasay true. also check this out. Go Mormons! huff.to/14Cm3P0 1 day ago
- Duncan Smith to face grilling from MPs over misuse of statistics newstatesman.com/politics/2013/… 1 day ago
- My interview with Canadian Radio CBC, the anxiety show
- Guilt Trip
- How Corporate America is Turning into a Cult and Why It’s Harming the American Employee
- ‘Having it All’ isn’t a Woman’s Issue
- Ann Romney: The Real Republican Threat to Women
- Want Your Kids To Grow Up Thinking Men Are More Important Than Women? Read Them Children’s Books.
- America the Anxious
- Page 3- is it sexist? Check out the debate.
- Moral Judgements Have No Place in the Benefits System
- How We All Started Working for Free