Ann Romney has been given the task of ‘humanising’ her automaton husband Mitt and bringing in female voters. Recent polls suggest that her campaign is working, with the two candidates now neck and neck among women. But deceptively apolitical, Ann is using her unique position to push a powerful and damaging anti- feminist message. I’ve written about it here at the Independent today. Take a look! Leave me a comment over there on the Independent site, and ideally Facebook like it and/or tweet it. Thank you!
Journalist and documentary maker writes about the news, popular culture and feminism on both sides of the Atlantic.
- RT @Independent: Comedy promoter apologises after dropping female comic 'because venue did not want too many women on the bill' http://t.co… 1 day ago
- In a world where upskirt shots are legal, there can't be enough anti-creep laws | Nichi Hodgson gu.com/p/3n9hy/tw via @guardian 3 days ago
- America's universities: where you're all too likely to be sexually assaulted | Sofie Karasek theguardian.com/commentisfree/… 5 days ago
- Guilt: Interview on WNPR, Colin McEnroe Show
- My interview with Canadian Radio CBC, the anxiety show
- Guilt Trip
- How Corporate America is Turning into a Cult and Why It’s Harming the American Employee
- ‘Having it All’ isn’t a Woman’s Issue
- Ann Romney: The Real Republican Threat to Women
- Want Your Kids To Grow Up Thinking Men Are More Important Than Women? Read Them Children’s Books.
- America the Anxious
- Page 3- is it sexist? Check out the debate.
- Moral Judgements Have No Place in the Benefits System